1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the News10 vacation to Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of the State of California who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of KXTV (“Sponsor”), Disney Destinations, LLC, Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. If you (or a person residing in the same home/mailing address) has won a prize from Sponsor within the last 30 days, you are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 6:01 a.m. (P.T.) on Friday, April 15, 2011 and end at 4:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Friday, May 6, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the News10 Facebook Fan Page website (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/News10) completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received by 4:59 p.m. (P.T.) Friday, May 6, 2011.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing, from among all eligible entries received, on or about May 9, 2011.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a vacation package for four (4) to Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa (“Vacation Package”). (ARV: $4,332.00). The Vacation Package shall each consist of the following:
- Four (4) roundtrip coach airfares on Hawaiian Airlines from Sacramento International Airport to Honolulu International Airport. Air transportation must be scheduled through Disney and is subject to airfares and flights arranged by Disney with Hawaiian Airlines and may be subject to layovers. ;
- Hotel room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (accommodating a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) nights at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii (“Premises”)
- A voucher for four (4) roundtrip ground transfers between the Honolulu International Airport and the Premises;
- Four (4) vouchers for one (1) Disney character breakfast at the Premises. (certain restrictions apply).
The Vacation Package total approximate retail value may vary depending on location of major airport nearest to winner’s home, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award.
The Vacation Package travel must be completed between January 1, 2012 and September 15, 2012. Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions, including blackout periods, and is subject to hotel availability at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa. Advanced reservations required. Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. Vacation Package components may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, or reschedule to dates other than as set forth above. Certain travel restrictions apply. Saturday night stay maybe required. Disney, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions and/or causes of actions which arise any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Sweepstakes.
Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. Winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Costs of meals, ground transportation, gratuities, taxes, transportation to and from airport and all other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner. he Vacation Package shall not include the following:; airline baggage fees, travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges,; or all other charges not explicitly included in the packages pursuant to this Agreement. The Vacation Package (and all elements thereof) are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable except in Disney’s sole and absolute discretion.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about May 9, 2011 via the e-mail address provided on winner’s entry form. Winner must respond to such e-mail notification within 48 hours after notification and failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. After confirmation of winner, Winner will be announced on News10’s Facebook Fan Page. To claim prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor’s office at 400 Broadway within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (P.T.) and 5 p.m. (P.T.) weekdays) and complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release. A valid photo identification will be required. Winner may waive his/her right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Sponsor will provide winner’s name and contact information to Disney, which will directly contract the winner to schedule the Vacation Package. Persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The News 10 vacation to Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa Sweepstakesis sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after May 23, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), News10’s Aulani, A Disney Hawaii Resort and Spa Sweepstakes, c/o News10, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Michelle Ponto. 916-321-3359 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.