1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the News10 Disneyland® Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. legal residents of the State of California who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KXTV (“Sponsor”), California Exposition and State Fair, Disney Destinations, LLC (“Disney”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, contractors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win. If you (or a person residing in the same home/mailing address) have won a prize from Sponsor within the last 30 days, you are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 p.m. (PT) on Thursday, July 12, 2012 and will end at 10:00 p.m. (PT) on Monday, July 30, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
In-Person Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period enter by visiting Sponsor’s booth at the California State Fair, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, California, during regular Fair hours (Mondays through Thursdays, Noon (P.T.) through 10:00 p.m. (P.T); Fridays through Sundays, 10:00 a.m. (P.T.) through 10:00 p.m. (P.T.), completing all required fields on the electronic entry form on Sponsor’s electronic tablet device and submitting your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor. Electronic entries from the California State Fair must be received by 10:00 p.m. (P.T.) Sunday, July 29, 2012.
Mail-in Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period enter by hand printing on a postcard, 3”x5” card, or piece of paper your name, address, daytime telephone number, and a valid email address and mail it to “News10 Disneyland® Getaway Sweepstakes”, KXTV-TV, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, California, 95818. All entries must be postmarked by Saturday, July 28, 2012 and received no later than Monday, July 30, 2012. Only one (1) entry per stamped envelope.
Limit one (1) entry per household per day. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, or misdirected entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. Eighteen (18) First Prize Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in random drawings among all eligible entries received on or about July 30, 2012.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. First Prize Winner. Each First Prize Winner will receive a family four (4)-pack of 2-day Park Hopper® tickets to the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA 92802 (“First Prize Package”). (ARV: 629.00)
Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a vacation package for four (4) people to the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, California (“Grand Prize Vacation Package”).
The Grand Prize Vacation Package shall consist of the following:
1. Four (4) round trip coach air fares between the major United States gateway airport closest to winner’s residence and the Southern California airport as chosen by Disney (with possible layovers); provided, however, if the winner resides within 250 miles of the Disneyland® Resort, air fare will not be provided to the winner.
2. A voucher of four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Southern California airport and the Disneyland® Resort; provided, however, if the winner resides within 250 of the Disneyland® Resort, transfers will not be provided to the winner.
3. Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for two (2) nights at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel selected by Disney Destinations, LLC in its sole discretion.
4. Four (4) 3-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets to the Disneyland® Resort (subject to restrictions).
ARV of Grand Prize Vacation Package including airfare and ground transportation: $3,164.00.
ARV of Grand Prize Vacation Package excluding airfare and ground transportation: $1,436.00.
First Prize Package must be completed by December 15, 2012. Grand Prize Vacation Package will expire March 15, 2013 and must be completed by that date. Grand Prize Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability at the Disneyland® Resort. Advanced reservations required. Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to win. Guests of Winners under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Certain restrictions and black-out periods shall apply to the Grand Prize Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. Each winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The Grand Prize Vacation Package does not include the following: airfare, airline baggage fees, travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, or other miscellaneous charges and items not otherwise described above. The Grand Prize Vacation Package (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set for the above or refunded, and are not redeemable for cash,.
Disney, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, director’s employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about August 6, 2012 via the e-mail address provided on winner’s entry form. Winner must respond to such e-mail notification within 48 hours after notification. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s office at 400 Broadway within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (P.T.) and 5 p.m. (P.T.) weekdays) and complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release. A valid photo identification will be required. Winners may waive his/her right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Sponsor will provide winners’ name and contact information to Disney, after which Disney will contract the winners to schedule the Grand Prize Vacation Package. Persons traveling as guests of each winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winners’ consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for operation of the Disneyland® Resort, including cancellations, closings or schedule changes.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The News10 Disneyland® Getaway Sweepstakesis sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after August 6, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List/Official Rules, News10’s Disneyland® Getaway Sweepstakes, c/o News10, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Landon Lee at email@example.com or (916) 321-3357.